tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Brad O'Hearne <br...@neurofire.com>
Subject mod_jk set up, running, no errors in log, but no connections between Tomcat / httpd
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2006 20:33:14 GMT
Well, it appears I have Tomcat and httpd set up and running mod_jk
without any errors in the logs. I have used the tomcat auto-config for
mod_jk, and httpd is including it into the httpd.conf file. Logs look
clean. But mod_jk.log is completely empty, and when I do a netstat, I
see the following:

[root@cvs jk]# netstat -vatn | grep 80
tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:8005
0.0.0.0:*                   LISTEN
tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:8009
0.0.0.0:*                   LISTEN
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:80
0.0.0.0:*                   LISTEN

The first and second lines are obviously Tomcat listening for shutdown
and ajp connections, and the third one is apache listening for http. But
I thought (based on several documents I read online) that I was supposed
to see connections between tomcat and apache. Is this correct? If so,
where should I be looking next to debug, as I see no errors in the logs?

Brad