tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Brad O'Hearne <>
Subject Re: tomcat catalina.out getting bombed with debug messages on maven-proxy deploy
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2006 20:21:28 GMT
Here is my file:

log4j.rootLogger=INFO, R
log4j.appender.R.layout.ConversionPattern=%p %t %c - %m%n, R

It was my understanding the under the rules of Log4j inheritance, all
loggers would inherit from the first non-null ancestor starting with the
parent and working toward the root. I believe that this means that I
should only be getting INFO level messages, no?

Rob Gregory wrote:

>Please post your file - it sounds like your root logger is
>too general.

View raw message