tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Delbecq <de...@oma.be>
Subject Re: Multiple webapps using one war file
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2006 11:33:57 GMT
While it is possible to put some of the librarie out of .war, inside
common, you must be aware of side effects. Libraries like struts are not
designed to run  multiple context within a given classloader (The
servelt, for example, can only be instanciated once). I don't know for
Hibernate and for etc :)

Also, you could take a look at .ear if you need to play with a common
part and multiple .war. But tomcat does not deploy .ear, you must use a
full featured J2EE container for this.