tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Robert Taylor <64rwtaylo...@bellsouth.net>
Subject context path ignored in Context.xml
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2006 13:29:17 GMT
Greetings,

I'm using Tomcat 5.5.15 on Win2k in development.
I start Tomcat through a target in my Ant build and pass it a server.xml
file.

My web app is deployed to a directory named "webapp" (the docbase) and
contains a /META-INF/context.xml file which has a context path, "/test".

When I start tomcat and attempt to access my web app using the context
path of /test, I get a strange 400 error.

HTTP/1.x 400 No Host matches server name localhost

When I access the webapp using /webapp as the context path, tomcat
serves up the content.

Therefore, it appears that Tomcat is ignoring the context path I have
defined and using the docbase directory in name by default.

I have been pouring over the online docs for a couple days and haven't
been able to figure this one out.

Any help would be appreciated.

/robert