tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Poornachandran <chandran.poo...@gmail.com>
Subject reg. custom security
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2006 20:24:03 GMT
Hi,

I am in a kind of a strange situation. Basically, I need to implement
security using Form Based authentication in one of my webapps. But, the
catch here is that I cannot access any of the server's configuration
files. I can only work with my app specific files.

So, I can neither configure users in tomcat-users.xml nor configure a
custom realm in server.xml  file.What I have done as of  now is, have
configured Form Based Authentication in my web.xml and mapped my
resources according to the roles. But in my login.jsp, I cant submit the
username and password to "j_security_check", instead I am submitting
this to my own Servlet (LoginServlet).

Now, I am not sure here how to implement the authentication part in my
servlet. Basically after this servlet is called, the request object
should return a non-null value for request.getUserPrincipal method call.

regards,
Poornachandran