tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Glen Mazza <grm7...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Any free online books for tomcat?
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2006 17:28:36 GMT
PKarthick wrote:

> Hi all,
> I would like to know whether any online books are there for tomat? or
> any documentation in PDF(downloadable).. if so pzl send me the link.

Review the online docs to get a better idea of the scope of Tomcat
(http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/index.html), they're pretty good.

The Wrox book on Tomcat, although not free, has been pretty useful for
me as well.

The biggest timesaver as a newbie, I have found, is the manager
application (Section 5 of the link above)--in particular the Ant task
commands that allow you to redeploy applications without the usual
shutdown and startup of Tomcat.  Make sure you understand and are
comfortable with those.

Glen