tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject Re: Help with detecting session timeout
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2006 16:45:36 GMT
no, that is not true, this could be your servlet (note, this assumes
your session was created by another JSP/servlet.
note, you can also do request.getSession().isNew() and so on,

public void service(HttpServletRequest req, HttpServletResponse resp)
throws ServletException {
    if ( req.getSession(false) == null ) {
        resp.sendError(505, "No session available on the server");
        return;

    } else {
       //execute code

  }