tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 5.5.15 Clustering ?
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2006 14:57:05 GMT
wow, apologies for being blunt in advance, not my style, but you really
really really need to slow down and you need to start reading carefully
so that we can get this out of the way.

1. The output from MCaster that we are looking for is when MCaster is
running on both boxes, and tomcat is NOT(!) running.
   Please provide that output, what I am looking for is your pure
MCaster messages, not cluttered with tomcat's messages.
   You could have done this way back when if you had read carefully
:).Dont take free support for granted :)

 >For the next steps wich configuration do you want ?
 >with or without mcastBindAddress in server.xml

both. does Tomcat recognize membership on both settings now? or still
only without the mcastBindAddress attribute?

Then follow these steps
1. Shutdown the MCaster program
2. Shutdown both Tomcats - delete or archive your logs
3. Set waitForAck="false" on your <Sender> element
4. Start tomcat 1
5. Wait 10 seconds
6. Start tomcat 2
7. Send us your new output from tomcat