tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Legolas Woodland <>
Subject Problem with hosting web application on tomcat / error 404 for an exists file
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2006 16:46:56 GMT
Thank you for reading my post.
I have a web application which i developed and works well on my tomcat 5.5.9
Now i purchase a hosting plane with tomcat 5.5.9 it is on linux and have
they said that i should upload all contents of my war file into http_doc
folder , so i did
I used ftp to upload them all , now that i try to access my web site it

  HTTP Status 404 - /index.jsp

meanwhile index.jsp in under that www folder.
I test the server by uploading an html file to make sure that i put
content of war file in correct place. nad it works ok with HTML file.
can some one help me about this problem ?