tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Kerber <dcker...@verizon.net>
Subject Can't get caseSensitive="false" to work
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2006 20:19:17 GMT
I read the thread from last week about case-sensitivity, and did some
additional googling when it didn't work, but still can't get my Tomcat
5.5.12 on Win2k, running with Java 1.5.0_06 to be case-INsensitive for
the context path.  That is a problem for my users, because we migrated
them from SilverStream, which is NOT case-sensitive in the context
path.  I have tried the following Context entries.  Note the entry in
both the <Context> field, and the <Resources> entry (I found that one
via google).  I have tried these entries eash separately, and together,
and still cannot get my context path to be case-INsensitive.  I don't
care if things are case sensitive once they get into the app, but would
really like to get the context path to not matter.

This is in my server.xml, because I can't get the context path to work
in context.xml:

         <Context path="/wradev/pelican"
docBase="e:\TomcatClients\WebSiraCommon\webapps\SiteData" debug="0"
reloadable="true" autoDeploy="true" unpackWARs="true"
crossContext="false" caseSensitive="false">
         <Resources caseSensitive="false"/>
          </Context>

And yes, I know about the security warning about being non
case-sensitive on Windows!  I also know that this context path setup is
not the usual way of doing things; it's because I need to keep the path
the same after the migration to Tomcat.

Thanks!
Dave