tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mladen.t...@jboss.com>
Subject Re: Someone successfully Installed Tomcat as Windows Service with StartMode=java or StartMode=exe?
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2006 18:09:39 GMT
Sebastian Himberger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> a week ago i posted a question regarding my problem installing Tomcat as
> a windows service. Before i'll try again to get it work it would be nice
> if anybody could just give me a sign if he or she has installed Tomcat
> (5.5) successfully using StartMode=java or StartMode=exe on as a Windows
> service?

Since I wrote that peace of software I suppose I should know :)

Anyhow there is only 'java' mode, not exe.
For java mode you will need to edit the 'Argumets'
(in the Startup tab) and add everything from
JavaOptions, together with -classpath, so:

-classpath C:\...\tomcat\bin\bootstrap.jar
-Dcatalina.base=C:\...\tomcat
-Dcatalina.home=C:\...\tomcat
-Djava.endorsed.dirs=C:\...\tomcat\common\endorsed
-Djava.io.tmpdir=C:\..\tomcat\temp
start

I'll probably fix the procrun, so that it uses
JavaOptions and Classpath as Arguments for 'Java' mode.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Mladen.