tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mickael Goujon <mickael.gou...@uk.lionbioscience.com>
Subject Re: Realm and Authentication with Tomcat 5.0, Apache 2 and mod_jk 1.2
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2006 08:29:45 GMT
Hi Bill,

Thanks for your answer.

The original design of this authentication/session creation mechanism
was made by another developper who knows Tomcat better than I know (but
not enough apparently ;) ).

If I understand correctly, your suggestion is to write a custom valve
which will be used as our missing link between the Apache authentication
and the Tomcat Realm call. Is this correct?
The Valve will access the username/password in the header and explicitly
call the Realm (Kind of similar to the SSO Valve)?

Cheers,

Mickael