tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: get element by long name
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2006 12:27:06 GMT
I think there is some confusion regarding server-side execution versus
client-side execution. code like ${plateDetailEditForm.plateDetail.name}
is entirely server-side as is the plateDetailEditForm object. You are
trying to access that directly from the client which can't be done. You
can try this solution and it will work for individual values:

 var name="${plateDetailEditForm.plateDetail.name} "

Tomcat will replace the ${...} expression with the value as the page is
sent to the client. JavaScript on the client will get var name="name value".

-- David