tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Durham <ddur...@vailsys.com>
Subject Re: turning off sessions
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2006 21:36:49 GMT
Tim Lucia wrote:
> Tomcat doesn't create sessions.  Web applications create sessions.  I.e.,
> code says:
>
> HttpSession session =
> ((HttpServletRequest)request).getSession({true|false}); // true for create
> if not exist, false for don't create);

That's strange because there is no call to getSession() in my code.  So,
maybe it's the result of the fact that I'm using a JSP.  If that's the
case, then Tomcat is, in a sense, creating sessions.

Anyway, I think the context configuration that I had:

<Context path="/app">
     <Manager maxInactiveInterval="6"/>
</Context>

conflicts with the default session-config from conf/web.xml

     <session-config>
         <session-timeout>30</session-timeout>
     </session-config>

I added:

     <session-config>
         <session-timeout>1</session-timeout>
     </session-config>

to my app, and that's good enough for me.

Thanks.

-Dave