tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Huntrods" <huntr...@nucleus.com>
Subject MySQL Database / Tomcat Exceptions
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2006 22:55:34 GMT

>>> From: Richard S. Huntrods [mailto:huntrods@nucleus.com]
>>> Subject: RE: Would like to know what might be causing this
>>> exception in servlet
>>>
>>> I have one more. This *IS* a real error, and is caused by something
>>> breaking between MySQL and my servlets.
>>

>(Should probably start a new thread for this, since it's a different
>issue.)
>
>It looks like the other end (MySQL) decided to drop the connection.
>Could be a timeout problem, or a network hiccup (e.g., somebody tripped
>over a cable).  Is this reproducible?  Can you get a network capture of
>the situation?
>
> - Chuck

Thanks, Chuck. I am thinking along similar lines. The only problem is
that aside from the Java exception, there are no error messages in any
other Tomcat logs or MySQL logs.

Here's another one from today:

> [...]
>
> java.io.IOException
> MESSAGE: Unexpected end of input stream
>
> STACKTRACE:
>
> java.io.IOException: Unexpected end of input stream
>     at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.reuseAndReadPacket(MysqlIO.java:1405)
>     at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:1775)
>     at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sendCommand(MysqlIO.java:1020)
>     at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(MysqlIO.java:1109)
>     at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQuery(MysqlIO.java:1070)
>     at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.execSQL(Connection.java:2027)
>     at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.execSQL(Connection.java:1984)
>     at com.mysql.jdbc.Statement.executeQuery(Statement.java:1152)
>     at my.DBMS.keyLookup(Unknown Source)
>     at my.Person.lookup(Unknown Source)
>     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)
>     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.servlets.InvokerServlet.serveRequest(InvokerServlet.java:419)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.servlets.InvokerServlet.doGet(InvokerServlet.java:133)
>     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)
>     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:541)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
>     at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:868)
>     at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:663)
>     at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
>     at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
>     at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)

Again, basically Tomcat seems to just "lose" the connection to MySQL.
Any suggestions?

-Richard