tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Glen Mazza <grm7...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Missing startup/shutdown scripts in latest 5.1.15 Windows install
Date Sun, 05 Feb 2006 16:01:53 GMT
Robert Rivoir wrote:

> I just installed Tomcat 5.5 on WinXP with the windows installer.  The
> setup docs indicate that it gets installed as a service, but also
> suggests there should be scripts (I assume .bat files) created in the
> bin directory for starting, stopping and configuring tomcat.  But my
> install
> directory contains nothing but .exe and .jar files.

That's strange.  But for development purposes (as opposed to production
use), I would forget about the windows installer and just install the TC
.zip binary version into a new directory instead, and create desktop
shortcuts to the bin/startup.bat and bin/shutdown.bat.  You will not
have a Windows service for TC as a result, but I think you will find
shortcuts to the batch files more convenient than shutting down TC via
MS Control Panel/Services anyway.

Glen