tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Glen Mazza <>
Subject Re: Valadation of Tomcat config files
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2006 16:56:46 GMT wrote:

> I need and want to edit these files manually since I can't use
> GUI tools nor can I connect to a management URI by a rendering
> browser.
> The best I could use was a bare ascii user agent such as e.g.
> lynx.
> The issues this could arise are the aforementioned typos.
> So I need a tiny (no bloating parser engine) XML validator that
> at least can check for well formedness.

JEdit is pretty good in this regard...small and quick editor.  Make sure
you get the XML plugins for validation.

Alternatively, the Eclipse Web Tools Project (WTP 1.0) is *huge* but has
an all-in-one download that includes XML file validation:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message