tomcat-users mailing list archives

From James Rome <jamesr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: socket read errors
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2006 16:28:54 GMT
I found out what is causing this.
My read is done with the following code:
 BufferedReader rdr = new BufferedReader( new InputStreamReader(input));
 String rdstr;
 while ((rdstr = rdr.readLine()) != null) {
                sb.append(rdstr + "\n");
}

I always get the full presented certificate, but sometimes I do not get
the null to terminate this loop and it times out.
Why is this happening?

In the mean time, I search for the end of the certificate and break out
of the loop when it occurs.

My servlet that verifies presented client certificates is getting socket
read timeout errors:

INFO: : **************** i/o exception: java.net.SocketTimeoutException:
Read timed out Feb 2, 2006 7:24:14 PM
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke WARNING: