tomcat-users mailing list archives

From James Rome <>
Subject socket read errors
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2006 14:29:49 GMT
My servlet that verifies presented client certificates is getting socket
read timeout errors:

INFO: : **************** i/o exception:
Read timed out Feb 2, 2006 7:24:14 PM
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke WARNING:
Servlet.service() for servlet PolicyEngineServlet threw exception Read timed out     at Method)     at     at
Note the 133 errors below.

The status is (note the 133 errors):

Free memory: 77.98 MB Total memory: 254.12 MB Max memory: 1524.18 MB

Max threads: 300 Min spare threads: 25 Max spare threads: 75 Current
thread count: 25 Current thread busy: 3
Max processing time: 60035 ms Processing time: 8260 s Request count:
21298 Error count: 133 Bytes received: 33.67 MB Bytes sent: 46.44 MB

I s there some way to overcome this? Googleing turns up lots of pages
saying that you should use non-blocking i/o, but Tomcat only presents me
with input and output Streams, and I do not think I can access the
socket directly. My server does not seem to be overloaded, and I am
communicating over a 1 Gbps LAN, so I do not understand why I am getting
these errors.

Thanks for any help,
Jim Rome

To unsubscribe, e-mail: