tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Kerber <dcker...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Betr.: Re: The Future of Tomcat
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2006 16:28:54 GMT
Roel De Nijs wrote:

>or they think coffee and/or island :-)

>>True, but the HTTP server is still what most people think of when they
>>hear the name "Apache".
>>

>Probably same people, that think of Applets or Javascript when they
>hear the word "Java"?

To a certain extent, but I'm one of those people.  In the back of my
mind, I know that Apache.org does a lot more than just the http server,
but that's still the first thing which pops to mind when I hear it,
since that's really the only thing I use from them, now that Tomcat is
largely separate from Apache.  I don't have that confusion with Java,
though, since (a small) part of my job is as a java programmer, writing
stuff to run in Tomcat ;-)

Dave