tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <>
Subject Re: The Future of Tomcat
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2006 13:18:06 GMT
Apache is a legal entity which is composed of many developers who work on a
variety of software projects in a variety of programming languages. Some
projects are related to one another, others are not.

Apache != httpd. httpd was the first Apache project.

David Kerber wrote:

> Apache and Tomcat:  Tomcat can do all the stuff that Apache can in
> serving up static pages, but it's not the best tool for that job.
> Apache does a subset of what Tomcat does, and Tomcat does a subset of
> what JBoss does.  Somebody please correct me if I'm off base here,
> because it also affects my company's future decisions.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message