tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: How to identify version of a running Tomcat and similar trivia
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2006 17:38:53 GMT
Tomcat is like any server based java app. It will always require a convulted
classpath as well as multiple classloaders to do anything interesting.

The most failsafe way to get the version regarless of the packaging is to do
the following: (no, i'm not kidding)
1) find catalina.jar. It *should* be in server/lib/catalina.jar of your
tomcat installation
2) Open it with winzip like program
3) Look for ServerInfo.properties (in org/apache/catalina/util/)
4) In that file is ther server version

The version.sh script is just a wrapper the created the appropriate classpath
so that the properties file can be loaded.

-Tim