tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: HTTP Status 408
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2006 15:28:34 GMT
The code says (in FormAuthenticator)
         if (session == null)
             session = request.getSessionInternal(false);
         if (session == null) {
             if (containerLog.isDebugEnabled())
                 containerLog.debug
                     ("User took so long to log on the session expired");
             response.sendError(HttpServletResponse.SC_REQUEST_TIMEOUT,
                                sm.getString("authenticator.sessionExpired"));
             return (false);
         }

With the login form, a Session should be created. (Not quite an HttpSession,
but pretty close to it) This Session also holds authentication information to
send you back to the right location after login. For some reason a session
can't be found. Why? I have no clue. It could be that the session expired, or
it could be a session cookie is not being sent (for any number of reasons),
or something else.

To debug it, livehttpheaders and firefox might be helpful.

-Tim