tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Petr Hadraba <>
Subject Re: how to run apache tomcat from a flash memory?
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2006 09:35:02 GMT

Run cmd, "cd" to the bin directory of the Tomcat directory structure
and type the following command:

java -jar bootstrap.jar

When you want to stop Tomcat, simply press Ctrl+C...

Or download installer-less binary distribution of the Tomcat and use
provided .cmd files in the same directory...

Have a nice day

On 2/9/06, Fairy Eneried <> wrote:
> Hello guys!
> I have a question.
> I instaled a jre in a flash memory, and a Tomcat server too. But I don't
> know how to start it directly, not like a Windows service. The Tomcat
> installed is a Tomcat 5.5. It only runs like a service, but I need that
> Tomcat to make some presentations of our web application. I need a portable
> useful standalone system, because, sometimes I get for showing this
> application a computer with a restricted user (not administrator) and then I
> can't start or modify the service, so all our work is useless. Remember, not
> all the people understand computer features, and our possible customers
> think it's our fault.
> Thanks for any help.
> Bye!
View raw message