tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Scott Purcell" <spurc...@vertisinc.com>
Subject default webapp not understanding
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2006 16:19:43 GMT
Hello,

I am having trouble understanding what is meant by the default webapp.
Here goes.

I have a site which I have a dns entry for. After reading the docs, I
put the application under $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/mywebapp

In the server.xml I added this snippet:

    <Host name="localhost" appBase="webapps"
       unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"

Now when I hit my site with the dns which points to my IP addrss for
this box, it goes to a index.html file in the

$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/root

It does not go to the index.html in the

$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/mywebapp/index.html

Can I somehow configure this to go to the above
$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/mywebapp/index.html?

I get confused when the doc states that the entry in the host must also
have a context entry? Can anyone clarify that. Here from the docs

Exactly one of the Hosts associated with each Engine MUST have a name
matching the defaultHost attribute of that Engine.

My big deal is to somehow get the index.jsp in the
$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/mywebapp to be called automatically when I hit my
url.

Thanks,