tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Leon Rosenberg" <rosenberg.l...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: How to separate tomcat instances?
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2006 11:10:23 GMT
I think it is possible to run as many instances of tomcat (including
different versions) as your machine can 'carry'. This includes
memory/cpu and port issues.
Just install each instance into another directory and change the ports
(http listener and whatever you need further). Drop your webapps in.
Ready.

No further configuration is actually needed.

Leon

On 2/27/06, lk <cesto@email.it> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know if it is possible to run multiple instances of tomcat.
> I've read the documentation and I found out that I can configure
> multiple workers to serve multiple instances of Tomcat.
> But I haven't understood if in this way the contexts served by a worker
> are protected against a failure of the others workers?
>
> Furthermore I would like to know if it is possible to run tomcat5 and
> tomcat4 on the same server?
>
> Thanks
>

>  --
>  Email.it, the professional e-mail, gratis per te: http://www.email.it/f
>
>  Sponsor:
>  Per il tuo progetto da realizzare, Findomestic ti offre finanziamenti chiari e semplici
senza anticipi, clicca e scopri come!