tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Leon Rosenberg <rosenberg.l...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Why TC 5.5 vs TC4.1 (perf reasons)
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2006 17:05:39 GMT
well we documented it in wiki, which is of course not public, but i
can attach some tables from there:
 Testresults

sendMessage

16.06.2004
Servletcontainer	Host	Requests/sec
Tomcat 4	lime	57
Tomcat 5	lime	63
Resin 3.0.5	lime	49-50
Resin 3.0.7	lime	61-69

moveSenderOutboxMailsToTrash

16.06.2004
Servletcontainer	Host	Requests/sec
Tomcat 4	lime	30-40
Resin 3.0.5	lime	34-35
Tomcat 5	lime	40
Resin 3.0.7	lime	43-45

Since it's more then 2 years old the test scripts aren't available
anymore, so it's hard to repeat the same test, but you could write a
test for yourself, couldn't you?

The test included sending a request which forced the app to perform
some operation on disk and return a jsp back.
Btw, the page was very 'basic' at the start, with 'well html designed
and layouted' pages the results started to move in favor of tomcat 5
against resin.

regards
Leon