tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David McMinn <d_mcm...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: first jdbc tomcat application
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2006 18:38:53 GMT
8070 works - i changed because i had a conflict w/ 8080 -

  Based on Roberts response (below) - I've narrowed it down to this statement in the jsp

  Connection conn = ds.getConnection();

  Unfortunately the logs don't say anything - I just get a page not found. If I take that
out (and all subsequent jsp) it works fine. So right up to that point the jsp page renders
fine - When I include that one more line, it blows up. I'm still looking but if someone knows
please chime in. Thanks,

  Dave

  What do the logs say?
Have you tried connecting to MySQL outside of Tomcat?
Does that work?
Can you get the page to display without the JDBC stuff in it?

/robert

"Samara, Fadi N Mr ACSIM/ASPEX" <Fadi.Samara@us.army.mil> wrote:
  Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

That's what I was thinking, but it could easily be changed and he indicated
that he was successfully able to bring up Tomcat's index page.
So I am not sure this is an issue.

Fadi