tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Reinhard Moosauer>
Subject Re: reg. custom security
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2006 10:15:50 GMT
Hi Poorna,

you must have access to the manager-application. Otherwise you could not
deploy/restart your webapp. Don't you?

If you have access to the manager-webapp, you can deploy a context.xml-file
along with your realm. Please see

->Install->XML config URL

You have to write a file like this:

        <Context displayName="my fine app"
              reloadable="false" swallowOutput="true"
<Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.MemoryRealm" debug="1"
          pathname="d:/private/tomcat-users.xml" />

Please try it