tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "George Sexton" <>
Subject RE: Session Expires At Every Request (Tomcat5.0.28/Firefox)
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2006 03:22:27 GMT
Since I regularly use Firefox and sessions I'm pretty sure that there is
really nothing unique to that combination that is causing the problem. It
could be the proxy server below is causing the issue. The obvious thing to
do would be to try from a different network without a proxy server and see
if your issue clears up.

I would also recommend that you do a little cleanup on your HTML pages and
see if there is some effect on the issue. The specific things I would fix in
your HTML are:

1)	No DocType, causing the page to render in Quirks mode. FYI, this
will cause differences in the box model which will result in IE 6.0 and
FireFox/Mozilla displaying pages very differently.

2)	No Content type/charset meta in the header.

3)	You have a duplicate <HEAD> block in the bottom of your page.

Your reference to the cache-control entry:

>> Cache-Control: max-age=0

Doesn't appear in my browser. I would suspect that its being added by your
proxy server.

I would also say that if you're going to use the addHeader() to put in
cache/pragma entries that you should not use the META tags.

George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.