tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mike Reynolds <tomcatqu...@yahoo.com>
Subject NetBeans Servlet Compilation & Deployment
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2006 06:18:09 GMT
Is there a basic reference on how to create a simple servlet with NetBeans 4.1 and deploy it
to Tomcat?
I created a project in NetBeans choosing Samples->Web->Tomcat Servlet Example, and yet
it does not create a WAR file on compilation.
And of course once I'm past that I have to figure out how to edit the XML file, I gather.
I need a reference that will hold me by the hand and walk me through it once to kick start
me.
After that I think I can make it without having to ask such newbie questions.