tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alan Chandler <a...@chandlerfamily.org.uk>
Subject Re: Setting up a parallel test environment on the same machine as main server
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2006 08:49:57 GMT
On Sunday 12 February 2006 17:07, Alan Chandler wrote:
> Unless anyone here can suggest a better way, I would like to move the
> JkMountFile directive from global scope to virtual host scope and have two
> separate files urimap files so that I can map different things dependent on
> which virtual host.
>
> However, since this is a live site I don't want to just conduct the simple
> experiment to see if will work, so I am asking here if this is OK.

Is there really nobody on this list who can answer this simple question?

> However, I don't fully understand the relationship between <service>,
> <engine> and <host> stanza's in the server.xml file, and until I do, I am
> reluctant to muck about with it and potentially screw the currently working
> arrangement.

Specifically, there was some conversation here about it best that if tomcat
was running on the same box as the web server (which it is in my case) that
it would be best to make the connection between apache2 and tomcat be via
localhost.  That being the case, how can I map the SAME servlet name but from
a different virtual host (albeit ip based) on apache to DIFFERENT hosts on
the same tomcat engine.

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk