tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sycamore Days <sycamored...@mac.com>
Subject Verisign SSL on Tomcat 5.5.9
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2006 21:04:17 GMT
Tomcat experts:

I'm on a windows xp SP2 system running jdk 1.5 with tomcat 5.5.9 and trying to test SSL functionality.
 Getting a self-signed certificate is trivial enough via the online 5.5 SSL HOWTO.

But trying to get the verisign SSL (free trial) cert to work has been impossible.  I've tried
the online 5.5 SSL howto, the following instructions all of which do not work:

https://www.verisign.com/support/ssl-certificates-support/page_dev020184.html
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-user&m=106285452711698&w=2
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/ssl-howto.html

Is there a working guide?  It seems simple enough but I searched through the mailing list
archives and find that people are puzzled when installing SSL certs from Verisign on their
Tomcat keystores.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Sycamore