tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Medha Parathasarathy" <>
Subject jdbc with tomcat5 and mysql - fedora core4
Date Sun, 12 Feb 2006 14:28:39 GMT

I am trying to migrate my application from fedora core 3 to 4. tomcat 5
is working, mysql is working.  I had downloaded the latest version of
jdbc driver from

I had copied the same to lib directory of webapps/ROOT where the
application was copied to make it work.

I had taken help from a site to create file to compile and run
to see whether the connection is working.

While compiling [ java as it is coming with fc4 ] no error is given but
tried to run, it gives the following error.

[root@www ROOT]# java ./jdbc
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: ./jdbc
   at (/usr/lib64/
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: ./jdbc
   at java.lang.Class.forName(java.lang.String, boolean,
   java.lang.ClassLoader) (/usr/lib64/
   at (/usr/lib64/
[root@www ROOT]#

can some body help me.