tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andres Glez <andres.gonza...@publicinet.net>
Subject Tomcat webapp reload vs Java System Application Server
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2006 10:23:40 GMT

Hi.

I've been checking the Sun Java System Application Server Platform
Edition 8.2. And, what was my surprise when i didn't find a "reload"
function for the web apps! I mean, in tomcat you can "reload" webapps
manually (with the manager, for example) without stopping anything.

In JSAS 8.2 you can deploy, undeploy, enable & disable web apps, but not
"restart" manually. You can configure something like tomcat's autodeploy
thing, but this is not good for production environments...

So, this mega-app-server does not allow manual hot class reloading!?