tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "David Thielen" <da...@windward.net>
Subject RE: New isapi_redirect.dll has problems
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2006 17:53:10 GMT
Hello;

I would agree with you except...

I switched back to the release version Friday afternoon and the size of the
logfile since then has been 0 bytes - nothing. I will leave it this way
until Wednesday evening and then switch back to the new one again for a day
to see what happens.

Thanks - dave

 
David Thielen
www.windwardreports.com
303-499-2544
-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Thomas [mailto:markt@apache.org] 
Sent: Sunday, February 19, 2006 4:26 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: New isapi_redirect.dll has problems

David,

I have taken some time to look through the information you have
provided and have come to the conclusion that there are 2 issues here.

The first is the connection errors of the form:
[Mon Feb 13 07:56:51 2006] [info]  jk_ajp_common.c (1749): Sending
request to tomcat failed,  recoverable operation attempt=3
[Mon Feb 13 07:56:51 2006] [error] jk_ajp_common.c (1758): Error
connecting to tomcat. Tomcat is probably not started or is listening
on the wrong port.
worker=ajp13w failed

Looking at the more detailed log file you placed in the zip file, this
looks like it only happens just after IIS is started/restarted. Can
you confirm this? What state is Tomcat in at this time? If Tomcat has
been restarted as well, it is possible that Tomcat isn't quite ready
to serve requests.

The second is the warnings of the form:
[Mon Feb 13 17:27:46 2006] [warn]  jk_uri_worker_map.c (429): Uri
http://www.enemynations.com is invalid. Uri must start with /

The more I look at this, the more I think that these messages are
caused by a misbehaving robot. My reasons for thinking this are:
- The requests come in very quick succession, far faster than a normal
user would navigate
- The http in the url. JK basically does:
if (host.length() >0) {
  searchUri = "/" + host + "/" + requestUri
} else {
  searchUri = requestUri
}
There is nowhere I can see where the protocol could get added to the
start of the URI.

Additionally, I have also checked through every conditional debug log
call in JK and there are a few places where it does more than just
make a logging call but all are explainable and none have any impact
on what IIS logs.

I need to do some testing to confirm how IIS behaves if URLs that do
not map to workers are requested. This might lead to an explanation of
why some these odd requests are not logged in IIS.

Mark


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org


Mime
View raw message