tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Alex Jalali" <>
Subject RE: Where is org.apache.catalina.realm.DataSourceRealm ?
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2006 10:27:27 GMT
It is contained within /tomcat/server/lib/catalina-optional.jar

After you create the class placed it under /tomcat/server/classes For some
reason when I place it in WEB-INF/classes, tomcat couldn't find it. Maybe my
class path error.... anyway

For configuration this is an example for mysql. I extended the JDBCRealm for

<context ...
<Realm  className="" debug="1"
         connectionName="dbuser" connectionPassword="dbpassword"
              userTable="client" userNameCol="USERNAME"
          userRoleTable="client_roles"  roleNameCol="ROLE_CODE"

-----Original Message-----
From: []
Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2006 2:12 AM
Subject: Where is org.apache.catalina.realm.DataSourceRealm ?

We need a little extension to our configured DataSourceRealm. One of our
ideas ist to implement a custom realm which is mostly the same as
org.apache.catalina.realm.DataSourceRealm, but extended with a few lines of
our own code. Unfortunately, we cant find the
org.apache.catalina.realm.DataSourceRealm.class, but it is in the

Is it possible to extend org.apache.catalina.realm.DataSourceRealm ?

If not, how exactly is it instantiatet ? It seems to be registered on the
fly to the MBean Server, can anyone tell me a little bit more about that
process or point me to some documentation where this task is described ?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: