tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Andreas Omerou" <...@simplexsoftware.com>
Subject Session Problems with Firefox
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2006 09:27:11 GMT
Hello,

I have some problems with session management when our application runsin
Firefox.

Basically, what happens is that after I set in the session some
attributes/beans which are needed down the application, I check in all JSPs
and servlets that an old session is still there by using
		if (request.getSession(false)==null){

response.sendRedirect(response.encodeRedirectURL("timeout.jsp"));

            }

With IE all works fine, however with Firefox, it seems that the session is
re-initialised whenever the client/browser requests a new page.  I checked
this by printing the session id in the log on each page and with IE it does
not change, while with Firefox it changes.

I checked my firefox settings for cookies and all look ok.

Anybody has a clue of what I might be doing wrong?

Regards,
Michael