tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jack" <jack...@hotmail.com>
Subject hopefully?
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2006 16:06:29 GMT
"Bill Barker" <wbarker@wilshire.com> wrote in message
news:dr1h0f$u9s$1@sea.gmane.org...
>> After a request & response, on the keep alive connection.
>> The web server starts to negotiate an SSL support by sending a Hello
>> request.
> It won't, since it has no reason to renegotiate.
> They will (hopefully) close the connection to port 80, and open a new
> connection to port 443.
> No, simply that practically no browser supports RFC2817
> http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2817.txt.
Great! Thanks a lot. I got it. People have already work on this.
RFC2817 is pretty comprehensive.

It seems you didn't get my point, let me put in this way.
Over a normal http connection (port 80),
after the first request & response, the server sends "hello request".
Is it easy for the broswer & tomcat turn the normal connection into ssl
connection
(still on port 80)?

Thank you for your time.

jackzhp@hotmail.com