tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ron Piterman <rpiter...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: encoding problem with tomcat
Date Mon, 02 Jan 2006 16:34:33 GMT
Here are both commands, as listed by ps (i broke them to make reading
easier):

 >> first the normal tomcat:

/usr/java/jre/bin/java

-Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager
-Djava.util.logging.config.file=/usr/java/tomcat/conf/logging.properties
-Djava.endorsed.dirs=/usr/java/tomcat/common/endorsed
-classpath
  :/usr/java/tomcat/bin/bootstrap.jar
  :/usr/java/tomcat/bin/commons-logging-api.jar
-Dcatalina.base=/usr/java/tomcat
-Dcatalina.home=/usr/java/tomcat
-Djava.io.tmpdir=/usr/java/tomcat/temp
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap
start

 >> then in debug mode:

/usr/java/jre/bin/java

-Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager
-Djava.util.logging.config.file=/home/ron/tomcat/conf/logging.properties
-Xdebug
-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=8000,server=y,suspend=n
-Djava.endorsed.dirs=/home/ron/tomcat/common/endorsed
-classpath
  :/home/ron/tomcat/bin/bootstrap.jar
  :/home/ron/tomcat/bin/commons-logging-api.jar
-Dcatalina.base=/home/ron/tomcat
-Dcatalina.home=/home/ron/tomcat
-Djava.io.tmpdir=/home/ron/tomcat/temp
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap start

---

Now the only difference seems to be in the catalina.home and
catalina.base parameters -

/home/ron/tomcat is a symlink to /usr/java/tomcat/

why should that make a difference ?

will try to change that and see what happens...
(will be back after the commercials :) )

Cheers,
Ron