tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Gaël Lams <lamsg...@gmail.com>
Subject application problem after installing Apache Portable Runtime
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2006 13:35:31 GMT
Hi all,

After reading the benefits of using apr (and seen the info message in
catalina.out ;-)
I downloaded apr-1.2.2, configure && make && make install and modified
my init.d script with  -Djava.library.path=/usr/local/apr/lib'.

Tomcat (version 5.5.12, jre1.5.0_05, Suse Professional 9.3) seems to
start well but, when I try use our application, I have two problems:
- connection is really slow, at least the page loads really slowly
- I have some javascript problems and some html tags appear on my jsp page.

As soon as I remove apr and restart Tomcat, everything works perfectly fine.

I googled a little bit and read the documentation but I didn't find
any useful information.

Should I change something in my tomcat configuration ( apart from
having <Listener
className="org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener"/> in
server.xml?)

Should something be modified at the application level?

Regards,

Gaël