tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Peter Crowther" <Peter.Crowt...@melandra.com>
Subject RE: [OT] Top posting (was RE: question)
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2006 22:50:01 GMT
> From: George Sexton [mailto:gsexton@mhsoftware.com]
> Since most people use threaded mail readers that go from oldest to newest,
> this isn't much of a problem for most people.

... I'm sorry?  Which 'this' were you referring to here?  It wasn't in context, so I'm afraid
I can't tell for sure.  I'll have to guess - another issue with top posting.

[scrolls down, reads his entire earlier message]

Ah.  After some research, I assume it was:

> >  that context may jump about as different posters
> > respond to different parts of a thread at different times.

It would appear that 'most people' have better memories than I do, then - which is fair enough.

> You should look for a better mail reader.

I've used plenty of different mail and news readers over the years.  I've not yet found one
that reminds me of the context when I have jumped back (say) five messages in a thread, rather
than (say) eight.  As always, I'd welcome any recommendations!

           - Peter