tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Chong, Kwong" <KCh...@sensis.com.au>
Subject RE: mod_jk with httpd & tomcat
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2006 22:29:46 GMT

Hi,

I don't think the issue is with tomcat (the connector is built
independently, so I would concentrate on the mod_jk (binary or building
of it) and it's interaction with apache.
I recently built mod_jk (v 1.2.15) on sol8 from source, from my notes I
had the following:

cd jakarta-tomcat-connectors-1.2.15-src/jk/native
./configure --with-java-home=/usr/jdk1.5.0_06
--with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/apache_2.0.54/bin/apxs

I also remember noting that it might be necessary to build mod_jk on the
same server on which apache was built.  There were references to apache
source during the mod_jk build (as opposed to just the installed
instance): saw the following:
(APRINCLUDEDIR is  -I/export/home/kchong/httpd-2.0.54/srclib/apr/include
-I/export/home/kchong/httpd-2.0.54/srclib/apr-util/include)

Hope this helps.

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Bobak [mailto:gpbobak@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 24 January 2006 7:42 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: mod_jk with httpd & tomcat

Hi,

Thansk for the reply.  I think I had found some documentation about
rebuild Apache with mod_jk bound.  I'll have to look again.

I've been trying to rebuild mod_jk (to no avail) in  hopes that would
work, but keep getting this error:

could not find /usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs
configure: error: You must specify a valid --with-apxs path

Of course it is the right path.

G.

Mike Sabroff <mike.sabroff@XXXXXXXX.com> wrote: I had the same problem a
while back. I had to do some googling and find
the mod_jk source. Trying to compile it was problematic and I also got
the unresolved errors I had to rebuild apache with jk as part of the
build in order to get it to work.

I wish I could remember where I got the source and the instructions, but

I am old and forget easily (actually age has nothing to do with
it....always been like that)
I appologize, especially since I spent many hours trying this and that
and I know what you are going through
I do remember, that the proceedure was different with apache 2.x than it

was with 1.3x that I have installed.

Greg Bobak wrote:

> I am using Tomcat 5.0.28 BTW.
>
> G.
>
> Greg Bobak  wrote:  I am trying to get mod_jk to
> work with apache 2.0.55 and get this error on the load module:
>
> Syntax error on line 276 of /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
> Cannot load /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_jk.so into server: ld.so.1:

> /usr/local/apache2/bin/httpd: fatal: relocation error: file
> /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_jk.so: symbol ap_null_cleanup:
> referenced symbol not found

<snip>

---------------------------------
Yahoo! Photos
 Got holiday prints? See all the ways to get quality prints in your
hands ASAP.

www.about.sensis.com.au
A leading Australian advertising, information and directories business.
www.sensis.com.au
www.yellowpages.com.au
www.whitepages.com.au
www.citysearch.com.au
www.whereis.com.au
www.telstra.com.au
www.tradingpost.com.au
www.universalpublishers.com.au
www.invizage.com.au
This email and any attachments are intended only for the use of the recipient and may be confidential
and/or legally privileged.
Sensis Pty Ltd disclaims liability for any errors, omissions, viruses, loss and/or damage
arising from using, opening or transmitting this email.
If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, interfere with, disclose, copy or
retain this email and you should notify the sender immediately by return email or by contacting
Sensis Pty Ltd by telephone on [+61 3 8653 5000]