tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Adam Johnston" <adam.johns...@agencyrepublic.com>
Subject RE: Using Tomcat 5.5 as a standalone web server
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2006 11:04:18 GMT
Thanks George and to Tim for his answer also - George's example seems to
be a reliable indicator of its capability.  I am going to load test the
site on a pure Tomcat install - I will let you all know how it goes ;)

I would love still to hear of any other examples of pure Tomcat
installs. It strikes me that if Tomcat is regarded an enterprise-class
web server, as opposed to a Java content server only, it provides a lot
of great answers to those of us who have to admin integrated
environments. I really hope the development of Tomcat continues to shore
up its Apache-like capabilities.

Adam

-----Original Message-----
From: George Sexton [mailto:gsexton@mhsoftware.com]
Sent: 10 January 2006 15:10
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: Using Tomcat 5.5 as a standalone web server

I'm running around 700,000 pages a month on a pure tomcat installation
with no problems. Since I'm currently running 90+ virtual hosts, I
wanted to avoid having to configure them in both Tomcat and Apache, so I
went pure tomcat.

George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.
http://www.mhsoftware.com/
Voice: 303 438 9585

This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. Dissemination,
distribution or copying of this e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the
intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the
intended recipient, is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately
notify us by calling the Help Desk at +44 20 7675 9666