tomcat-users mailing list archives

From ckn...@onebox.com
Subject RE: Concept for modeling hierarchical data
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2006 12:04:10 GMT
At the risk of pointing out the obvious, why not use what tomcat uses to store hierarchical
data, XML?
--
Charles Knell
cknell@onebox.com - email

-----Original Message-----
Sent:     Mon, 9 Jan 2006 23:05:08 +0100
To:       users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject:  Concept for modeling hierarchical data

Hello,
I'm searching for the best concept of how to use and save hierarchical data.
I have a structure like PC file system with meta data. There a folder objects
and files objects of different types. Every object have data like
permissions, date and author. And they have type-specific data fields like
resolution (of an image type) or location (of an meeting type) or ingredients
(of an recipe type).
What is the best way to store that kind of data? What database is
recommendable? What concepts of persistance? Or not using managed persistance
and do it manually?

Thanks for all ideas!

Florian