tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Anto Paul <antop...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Database Connectivity of JSP(Tomcat 4.x) with Oracle 8i
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2006 12:04:12 GMT
On 1/19/06, gupta vidhi <vidhi_gupta2002@yahoo.com> wrote:
> i'd made some JSP & HTML pages(without DB Connectivity) and also execute them successfully,
before copying classes12.jar file in WEB-INF\lib, but now when i'm executing my pages with
or without DB Connec.,they aren't executing and showing the same error as i'd told you in
my previous mail.
>   now i'm unable to understand, what shud i do,bcoz i'm unable to understand the problem?
>   if Tomcat would have not been installed properly,then how could the pages had executed
successfully before.but now the same Tomcat is showing error with every page.
>   what could be the reason behind this?

If other JSP pages work Tomcat is configured properly.
As a next step check log files in the logs directory of Tomcat. See
the files like localhost*. The error message will be there. Post it.

> Anto Paul <antopaul@gmail.com> wrote:
>   On 1/19/06, gupta vidhi wrote:
> > Hello,
> > thanx for the code.i'd executed but facing some problems.its showing the following
error:

> > HTTP Status 500 - No Context configured to process this request
> > ---------------------------------
> >
> > type Status report
> > message No Context configured to process this request
> > description The server encountered an internal error (No Context configured to process
this request) that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

> > ---------------------------------
> >
> > Apache Tomcat/4.1.31
>

> It should be because that Tomcat is not configured. To test this you
> should create a file named index.html with some text in it and try
> accessing it. If it works Tomcat is configured. BTW where tomcat is
> installed and what is the path to the application you are trying to
> access ?.
>
> > as you had asked me to copy classes12.zip from Oracle\jdbc\lib. but i'm bot finding
the jdbc folder in my ORACLE_HOME. its in my :
> > C:\oracle1\jdk\lib\classes\sun\jdbc path.now this path don't have lib folder in
it.this jdbc folder consists of odbc folder which again don't have any lib folder.

> You should use Search -> Find from Windows start menu to locate the
> file classes12.zip or search for jdbc in your computer. If it is not
> found you should download it from oracle.com. Ritchie has given the
> link in a prevoius post. There you can download driver for any higher
> version of Oracle database and it will work for 8.0 also. Put the file
> in WEB-INF\lib and restart Tomcat.
>

> > i feel the above error might be coming bcoz of the same reason.
> > now you say, what should i do and what the matter is all about?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Vidhi
> > Anto Paul wrote:
> > On 1/18/06, gupta vidhi wrote:
> > > i've JDBC installed in other path than Tomcat.you asked me to put the JDBC
driver library into WEB-INF\lib. there's WEB-INF directory,but it do not have lib as its sub
directory.what can be done for this?
> > > kindly tell me how to do the path setting of JDBC with JSP.
> > > i'd made a page in JSP,but when executing its generating error as:
> > >
> > > javax.servlet.ServletException: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source
name not found and no default driver specified

--
rgds
Anto Paul