tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Anto Paul <antop...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Database Connectivity of JSP(Tomcat 4.x) with Oracle 8i
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2006 12:00:06 GMT
On 1/18/06, gupta vidhi <vidhi_gupta2002@yahoo.com> wrote:
> i've JDBC installed in other path than Tomcat.you asked me to put the JDBC driver library
into WEB-INF\lib. there's WEB-INF directory,but it do not have lib as its sub directory.what
can be done for this?
>   kindly tell me how to do the path setting of JDBC with JSP.
>   i'd made a page in JSP,but when executing its generating error as:
>
>   javax.servlet.ServletException: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not
found and no default driver specified
> and so on.
>   kindly tell how to connect my JSP page with JDBC.

A JDBC tutorial is here
http://www-db.stanford.edu/~ullman/fcdb/oracle/or-jdbc.html

    Don't use JDBC-ODBC bridge. From the error message it seems that
it is using JDBC-ODBC bridge.
    You will get the JDBC driver from ORACLE_HOME\jdbc\lib. For 8i the
file will be classes12.zip. Create a lib directory in WEB-INF
directory. Tomcat is case sensitive and lib must be in small letters.
Copy classes12.zip to WEB-INF\lib and rename it to classes12.jar. Now
to connect to database use the JDBC URL like
jdbc:oracle:thin:hr/hr@localhost:1521:orcl.

    Don't for to restart Tomcat after putting the JAR file in WEB-INF\lib.

    The Oracle installation provides some sample Java code. Look in
jdbc folder for it.

--
rgds
Anto Paul