tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Anto Paul <antop...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: wrong System encoding
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2006 11:02:14 GMT
On 1/18/06, jacky <jacky_chenp@hotmail.com> wrote:
> hi,
>     RedHat7.3(System encoding is iso8859-15), tomcat 4.1.30
>     When i use System.getProperty("file.encoding") in a jsp, it print "utf-8". I think
the "utf-8" must be the encode of tomcat,but how can i get the system encode: iso8859-15?
 In fact, i need the right encode to write/read file.
>     BTW, i wander why the encode of tomcat container changes to "utf-8". Is the reason
because i used "reponse.setContentType("text/html; charset=utf-8")?
>     Any suggestion is helpful!

I dont know the solution but just to know did you tried running a java
application at the command prompt to test the value of
System.getProperty("file.encoding") ?

--
rgds
Anto Paul