tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Anto Paul <>
Subject Re: Database Connectivity of JSP(Tomcat 4.x) with Oracle 8i
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2006 07:01:52 GMT
On 1/18/06, gupta vidhi <> wrote:
> hello,
>   i'm using jakarta-tomcat-4.1.31and jdk-1_5_0_02-windows-i586-p-iftw in WIN 2000 Professional.
>   I wish to connect Oracle 8.0(plus) with JSP pages.
>   i request you to kindly tell me how to do this?

If you are learning JSP you can connect to a database using JDBC. It
is same as using JDBC in any other java application. What you should
take care is to put the JDBC driver library in the WEB-INF\lib
directory of the application so that Tomcat sees it.

Anto Paul

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message