tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Marco Tedone" <marco.ted...@amplefuture.com>
Subject RE: XML parser advice
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2006 13:41:26 GMT
If you've got an XML schema defined, use Castor (xsl to Java and
viceversa). It perfoms all validations for you and reading/writing to
input/output streams.

HTH,

Marco

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam Lipscombe [mailto:adam.lipscombe@expensys.com]
Sent: 24 January 2006 13:43
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: XML parser advice

Hi Folks

We have a webapp running within Tomcat 5.0. I need to develop some XML
functionality -  basically output the contents of a number of db tables,
adhering to an XML schema that I have developed.

It's 2 1/2 years since I have done any XML work and I am sure that
things have moved on apace since then.

What is the "best" parser to use with TC. Is it still Xerces?
Are there any recommended resources online that highlight current best
practice?

Any pointers much appreciated.

TIA - Adam

This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by the Amplefuture e-mail
security system - powered by MessageLabs. http://www.amplefuture.com.

Amplefuture Ltd,

Amplefuture House, The Quadrant, 135 Salusbury Road, London NW6 6RJ

Switchboard 0870 333 0 777

http://www.amplefuture.com/

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

The contents of this e-mail are for the named addressee only. It contains information which
may be confidential and which may also be privileged. If you are not the named addressee of
this e-mail, you may not copy or use it, or forward or otherwise disclose it to anyone else.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please e-mail the sender by replying to this message
and then fully delete it from your system.

Anything in this e-mail, which does not relate to the official business of Amplefuture Group,
is neither given nor endorsed by the Group. Any views or opinions presented are solely those
of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Group.

E-mails are not secure and cannot be guaranteed to be error free as they may be intercepted,
amended, lost, destroyed or they may contain viruses. Anyone who communicates with us by e-mail
is taken to accept these risks. Amplefuture Group reserves the right to monitor e-mail communications
from both external and internal sources for the purposes of ensuring correct and appropriate
use of our communication equipment.